Covid 19 Protocol - from 1st September, 2020
Updated 01 September 2020
Physiotherapy, Massage and Osteopathy:
These appointments are subject to covid screening within the preceding 24 hours. This is by means of a digital document which we’ll send by text or email, and which you can e-sign prior to your appointment.
Please see our revised Studio timetable here.
Whatever the reason for your visit to the clinic, the health and safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance and we have taken all necessary steps in accordance with the guidelines and requirements for infection control as specified by Government guidelines, to ensure patients are able to return to our clinic with the utmost confidence.
Before/after your appointment, class or session
- On arrival we will ask all clients and staff to confirm that they do not have symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been exposed to anyone in the last 14 days who is self-isolating or has symptoms.
- All clients and staff will also have mandatory non-contact temperature checks on arrival. If you are cycling or running to the studio, please allow time to cool down before entering the building as anyone with a temperature above 37.8 degrees will not be allowed to proceed with their class or session (we will be using our common sense if you have cycled/run to get here).
- Perspex ‘sneeze guards’ have been installed on the front desk and to separate the studio area from the rest of the clinic. We have also installed touch-free sanitisers, dispensing minimum 70% alcohol hand gel. Please use them on arrival and before entering the studio or treatment rooms.
- Water dispensers will still be in use, but we will not be providing disposable or washable cups. Please bring a water bottle.
- We will be actively managing the total numbers of people in the clinic at all times. Entrance is strictly by prior appointment only. We cannot accept any walk-ins.
During appointments, classes and sessions
- Clinical appointments are 30 minutes in duration, with a minimum of 15 minutes between each appointment to deep clean the treatment room and change/replace necessary PPE.
- Massage appointments and Pilates classes will be strictly limited to a maximum of 60 minutes, with a minimum of 30 minutes between each treatment or class for additional cleaning and to maintain distancing protocols and limits on overall clinic numbers.
- Teachers will not be providing hands-on correction during Pilates classes and will maintain social distancing during the class.
- All equipment that is used will be cleaned with sanitising and disinfection products before each use.
PPE, cleaning and hygiene
- For Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Osteopathy and Massage appointments our clinicians will wear full PPE, which includes face masks and disposable aprons throughout your appointment. Your clinician may also need to wear a visor or eye protection and disposable gloves. You will be required to wear a face mask, too.
- For Pilates classes, teachers will wear a face mask or visor except when demonstrating or exercising with you. All patients and clients are required to wear masks when inside the clinic, but not during exercise. Government guidelines state: All forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except on specific advice from a physician.
- We have significantly increased the amount of cleaning in the Studio, both in between classes and overnight to include application of an electrostatic sprayer, daily and weekly, to fully sanitise all equipment and surfaces by electrostatic misting. In addition, for your added comfort, we have installed two Airvia air purifiers which each come equipped with a UVC lamp. UVC radiation kills germs, microbes, fungi and bacteria, effectively sterilising the air.
What we ask of you
- As per government guidelines, we ask that you take reasonable personal responsibility for your own hygiene and safety when in our clinic.
- If you don’t feel well, have a temperature, or any other symptoms associated with Covid-19, or been exposed to someone who has symptoms of Covid-19, you must not enter the clinic nor attend your Pilates session. If you become ill within the 24 hours preceding your class or session, let us know. You will not be charged for the cancellation.
- As our changing rooms are closed, please come changed ready for your class or session. Our waiting area at the front desk is also closed, so please do not arrive early for your class, as you will need to wait outside the building until your class is ready to start.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, we may have to reduce your treatment time to ensure we have sufficient time to carry out deep cleaning etc before the arrival of the next patient.
- In accordance with Government guidelines the lockers will not be available for use so please limit the amount of belongings you bring with you.
- Please maintain social distancing wherever possible throughout the Clinic and follow all distancing signage.
- Please use the touch-free sanitiser on arrival at the clinic and before entering your class or treatment room.
- Please wipe down equipment carefully at the end of a class with the cleaning products supplied.
Risk assessment/Test and Trace
In line with government guidelines, we will be supporting NHS Test and Trace.
After your appointment
We require payment for your appointment to be contactless, please. We can take card payments in the clinic (the card machine will be disinfected), or online via PayPal or bank transfer. We cannot accept cash or cheques at this time.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
The team at Back In Shape.