Covid 19 Protocol - from 22nd June, 2020
Updated 22 June 2020
Andrew is permitted to see patients for all routine podiatry and minor surgery
Anthony is providing physiotherapy treatments subject to the criteria determined by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. This is on a strictly ‘virtual first’ basis, and appointments are subject to covid screening within the preceding 24 hours. This is by means of a digital document which we’ll send by email, and which you can e-sign prior to your appointment.
Whatever the reason for your visit to the clinic, the health and safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance and we have taken all necessary steps in accordance with the guidelines and requirements for infection control as specified by Public Health England (PHE), to ensure patients are able to return to our clinic with the utmost confidence. These include:
- operating at a significantly reduced capacity to minimise the number of patients and staff in the clinic at one time
- clinicians to wear full PPE as specified by PHE, which includes face masks, gloves and disposable aprons throughout your appointment. Your clinician may also need to wear a visor or eye protection. You will be required to wear a face mask, too.
- checking the temperature of staff and patients upon entry to the clinic with a contactless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 37.8 degree C/100.4 degrees F will not be permitted entry
- supply of hand sanitiser with which to wash your hands upon entry to the clinic
- staggering of appointment times to ensure the minimum social distancing requirement can be maintained between patients and other clinicians
- extra time between appointments to deep clean all surfaces and change the necessary PPE
It is necessary for us to close the waiting area at reception to be able to enforce social distancing. This means that you will be asked to arrive for your appointment no earlier than the agreed time and to wait outside until you are permitted entry by a member of staff. Access to the clinic is for patients only. If you require the support of a carer or guardian this must be notified to the clinican in advance of your appointment. We may require covid screening of that person, too.
Please limit the amount of luggage you bring with you (such as handbags, briefcases etc). Anything you bring with you must be disinfected.
If you arrive late for your appointment, we may have to reduce your treatment time to ensure we have sufficient time to carry out deep cleaning etc before the arrival of the next patient.
We are not permitted to supply drinking water at this time, so please bring a water bottle with you if required. We are also required to close the clinic toilets to patients. Please bear this in mind for your visit.
We require payment for your appointment to be contactless, please. We can take card payments in the clinic (the card machine will be disinfected), or online via PayPal or bank transfer. We cannot accept cash or cheques at this time.
IMPORTANT: Your details, and those of anyone accompanying you, may be used for contact tracing as per government protocol.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
The team at Back In Shape.